Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lightroom 2.3 adjusts my photos upon...

I use a Canon 40d and shoot in a controlled lighting situation. I shoot products (guitar bodies and necks). I have picture styles set up in my camera and i am getting what I like to see at my camera's LCD. Before I import to Lightroom, I save these images to the haard drive. I then use ''Import from Disk''. When they begin to load, they look fine. But then, ono by one, I can see the images getting processed by Lightroom. All my Picture Style settings go away and the images take on a cold and sickly look. Why is this happening? How can I get Lightroom to leave my pics alone upon import?? HELP!!!!!

Thank You

Lightroom 2.3 adjusts my photos upon...

Apparently you are shooting in raw.聽 When Lightroom first loads your raw images it is displaying the embedded JPEG image which reflects all of the in-camera settings.聽 Lightroom then renders a preview of your raw image and is not able to read those in-camera settings.聽 However, Adobe provides camera matching profiles (free) that will emulate those in-camera settings as closely as possible.聽 Those profiles should have been loaded with one of your Lightroom updates, and they can be accessed from the Calibration tab in the develop module.聽 You may still have to create a few presets to fine tune your adjustments.聽 Or, you can create new defaults for your camera after you have made the proper adjustments.

If you don't want to bother with all this you could try using the DPP software that came with your camera.聽 It WILL read those in-camera settings.

If you don't have the profiles listed in your installation of Lightroom you may have to download ACR 5.2.聽 That download package will include an installer for the profiles.

Lightroom 2.3 adjusts my photos upon...

The answer to your question is in the FAQ and just a few posts down: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419632?tstart=0

No comments:

Post a Comment