Sunday, April 4, 2010

Installer for Adobe AIR does not...

I tried to install Adobe AIR on my laptop (WinXP Professional, SP3), but the link at http://get.adobe.com/air/ didn't work - website said 'downloading' and to click OK when prompted, but I never got prompted.

So I found an alternate site, downloaded the installer and double clicked to run it. Nothing happened. So I tried a couple more times before checking my Task Manager.

Under 'Processes', there were several instances of the Adobe Air Installer.exe running, but nothing was happening that I could see!

I'm not sure if it's a conflict with any other software or insufficient system requirements, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrongly, cos I managed to successfully install Adobe AIR on another laptop I have, also running WinXP, and got Tweetdeck to work on it.

Would appreciate any help on this matter from the more enlightened.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment