Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Disk Error Message in Photoshop 5.0 LE

Hello,

聽 I scanned an image at 1200 dpi (Windows reports the file size as 165 MB) and tried to open it in Photoshop and got this message:

Disk error 鈥?6 while reading or writing virtual memory file. Sorry, but this error is fatal.

I've tried changing the paging file size. I've set both my C drive and a partition (F) to 4096 MB.聽 I also went into ''Preferences/Plug-ins and Scratch Disks'' and set the Primary and Secondary to the drives mentioned above, and still get the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?聽 The only thing I can think of is that my computer is an older one (only a 500 mhz processor) but I don't think that should matter - then again I've never scanned at this high a resolution before either.....

Thanks!

Disk Error Message in Photoshop 5.0 LE

I'm surprised PS even runs on that computer although of course 5.0 LE is pretty old.


A 165 MB file may just be too much for it.


How can you ''set your c drive to 4096MB''? Do you mean Paging file?

We need someone with a long memory to chime in, but you do need to clarify what you are doing.

Disk Error Message in Photoshop 5.0 LE

Do you have enough hard drive space to write the temp files? It will take a lot more space than 165Mb.

No comments:

Post a Comment