Monday, March 22, 2010

Slowdown after relatively short use.

Hi all, I've never really gotten Lightroom to work fast. But I've gotten used to it, and just grind my teeth. My dentist loves me now, so there is always that.聽 But whats going on now seems really weird. Situation is as follows. I have a library with 6000 photos of a recent trip. Im doing a talk about the trip and am picking images to show in the talk. Ive prebuilt all the 1:1 previews and all standard previews (2048 pixels, for my 1920 screen). When I start up Lightroom things are fast enough. I browse with the keys and hit 'B' for images Im considering, building up a quick collection. After browsing through a few hundred images, im starting to notice a slowdown. The next image just comes a fraction of a second later. This becomes progressively worse until it becomes really annoying. If I then optimize, things are fast again for a few hundred images. I am mainly in the library module. Maybe once every 50 images or so I ''quickly'' jump to develop to try something out, and jump back to library.

This is LR 2.3, Quad core Dell PC/Vista 64 with 8GB memory. Library and originals on a 1TB raid1. OS (and Adobe Raw Cache) on different 1TB raid1.

What could be going on here?

Regards,

Cor

No comments:

Post a Comment