Monday, March 22, 2010

H.264 color or gamma shift when played...

I've been delivered a QuickTime video clip that I need to play back in a custom Flash video player. The clip is encoded in H.264 and plays back just fine with a Flash playback component, BUT there is a pretty major color or gamma shift going on. Colors are darker and more contrasty. Flesh tones are certainly not as pleasing (the client had the clip color corrected so he's going to notice this for sure).

Please see this screen shot to see what I mean: http://www.erikphansen.com/colorshift.png

For what it's worth, I'm on a Mac using Flash 10 (although the SWF was saved as a v9 file).

I can probably run some filters on the clip within Flash to compensate for this shift, but I'd rather get it done the right way.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks a lot,

Erik

  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment