Friday, March 26, 2010

DW upgrade question

Okay here goes, I had DW7 then upgraded to DW8 x-husband moved and took DW7 with him (serial # too) I attempted to move DW8 upgrade to a new computer but now need DW7 serial#. Apparently I am up a creek about that issue. However, can I purchase another upgrade, DW cs4, even though I was never able to activate DW8 on new computer? When I spoke with Adobe they suggested upgrading but at the time I didn't realize my predicament (no serial #) and don't want to 'try' it when the cost is so high. Thanks for any input!

DW upgrade question

In all honesty, I'd doubt it.聽 If x-husband has the original disks, you can't piggy-back off that license to get an upgrade - he has the original copy.

I'd suggest getting in touch with support again, explain your situation and see what they have to say.

Good luck.

DW upgrade question

thanks for your response - I was hoping to avoid calling support

again. But I think you are right.


I realise contact support may be a pain due to the waiting time, but it's better than buying the upgrade and then finding out that you can't use it anyway.

--

Nadia

Adobe庐 Community Expert : Dreamweaver

--------------------------------------------------

Unique CSS Templates |Tutorials |SEO Articles

http://www.DreamweaverResources.com

--------------------------------------------------

Book: Ultimate CSS Reference

http://www.sitepoint.com/launch/005dfd4/3/133

---------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/nadiap


absolutely


Just talked to Support and they said I can upgrade (kind of them

and it won't be a problem.

Even though my DW8 is not active on my working computer. Oh well....

better than nothing!


Good to know - thanks for the update聽 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment