Monday, March 22, 2010

Export Setting

Hi All:

聽聽 May I ask:

聽聽 1) I have a 640x480 Sequence, when I export to Windows Media also at 640x480, what Preset should I use?聽 What is Codec (and what Codec should I use?) What is Encoding Passes One %26amp; Two mean? What is Bitrate Mode (and what setting I need?)聽 I hope the file size is not too big...

聽聽聽聽聽聽 The reason I ask is, I tried export at different options, but the result is a poor quality file (seeing ''squares'' and running not so smooth.)

聽聽 2) Same as above, but if I want to export a QuickTime at 640x480, what Present %26amp; Video Codec should I use?聽 I notice many Video Codecs present as 720x480, and I can not adjust the size...please advice why...

聽聽 3) I also notice that, if I add effects to the sequence (such as brightness,) the resulting file (after exporting) is poorer than if I don't add any effect.聽 Not sure why this is the case.聽 Advice is much appreciated.

聽 Thanks,

聽聽 Franco

Export Setting

Save yourself a lot of headaches with a different workflow.

Export your finished video using Microsoft AVI and a lossless codec like Lagarith. Then use Apple Quicktime Pro or the free Windows Media Encoder to do the final encoding.

Those two products give you far more control over the encoding process.

Cheers
Eddie

Export Setting

But Eddie, for someone who doesn't even know what a codec is, or the difference between 1 and 2 passes, would more options really be the best solution?

My own advice for someone with questions this basic would be to seek the services of a paid professional.


Jim, I'm an optimist. I believe people can learn.

Cheers

Eddie


I agree.聽 I just don't think these forums are the right place to get a basic education in video production.聽 This is where you come after you have that education, after you know how to edit and compress, after you've read the manual specific to Premiere so you know how to use it properly, and after you've done the appropriate research to fix a problem that still exists despite all that effort.

Again I say, first learn, then do.聽 It really is a winning method for any endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment