Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Help!

Hi all

I work on AutoCAD alot but I currently have a problem with illustrator (which I dont really use). I have a 3D drawing (in AutoCAD) which i am trying to pull into illustrator then export as a XAML file.

My problem is that when I open my AutoCAD file in illustrator instead of having a 3D object I have alot of single lines.

does anybody know of a way of keeping the 3D properties of the AutoCAD file when I open it in illustrator.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Help!

Yes you cannot at present keep the 3D properties, It is one of my longstanding feature request. The solution Adobe came up with is to include a 3D effect which is not an actual 3D space.

Also you will find on this forum many users who do not think a 3D space has any purpose in Illustrator. They think that unless Illustrator is a full blown 3D modeling program then it is pointless to have support for the space or 3D editing capabilities.

I know but things have changed and the 3D model is an essential part of our world which it was not 20 years ago.

This is not going to hel you. There are some plug ins that you might want to look into one I think from http;//www.Hotdoor.com

Sorry for the rant.

Help!

Thanks for the link. The plug ins on that site actually may do the job unfortunatley we have no funds to buy new software. I dont suppose on the off chance you know of a way of creating a XAML file from a DWG/DXF without using illustrator?


I will ask some people.

Just wait a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment