Friday, March 26, 2010

TEXT gets cut off when entered in PDF...

In Acrobat professional I created a form textfield box in the PDF file. When I test filling this box in as an end user the text always moves up and gets cut off. I've been playing with this all night. I see no way of getting it to stay put.

http://screencast.com/t/KUnp82T35X

TEXT gets cut off when entered in PDF...

Try going into Properties and instead of using Auto for Font size choose a specific size. double-clicking on the given field will bring up preferences.

TEXT gets cut off when entered in PDF...

It's already at a specific font actually.

http://screencast.com/t/vlzF6eYAF

I also tried reshaping the textfield to various sizes to no avail.


Did you try reducing the size of the font, or using a different style font.


Weird. Seems to have only worked when I brought the font all the way down to 16 pt, which is not what I'm looking for on this project.

http://screencast.com/t/9b66C55XTsV

Is there no way to have the font larger than that. What do you get with a large font on your end?

The font style has no effect on it either way.


Check to see in your Text Field Properties box. under the Options Tab, if the ''Multi-Line'' box is on. If so, click it off. You can now set your font to Automatic sizing.


I have none of those boxes clicked in Options actually.

After entering the text, and clicking away, the text seems to slide upward and goes beyond the top border.

But now that you mentioned ticking Multi-line ON can be a somewhat weird solution.

Resizing the textfield in layout view has no effect. If I make the textfield a multiline and then as I type into the box, I skip a line, when the text slides up it doesnt go beyond the top border. A silly solution at best. http://screencast.com/t/ANy9rVqngaq


What Font are you using?


Using standard fonts. I tried Helvetica and Times New Roman.

Is a large font working on your end?


Hmm. Courier seems to have worked! I may be stuck to this font then.. I'll try others.

Verdana worked too. Maybe there's something wrong with helvetica and Times new Roman. I'll play with others.

I just want to make sure I'm using fonts that are installed on the end user's machine.


Couior is a good font to setle on. Its used on pretty much all Platforms. Mac, Windows, Unix, Linux.


Thanks a lot guys you're questions helped me get to the problem.

  • makeup video
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment