Monday, March 29, 2010

Firefox button rollover issues

Strange one... I have a flash file that works in every browser, except Firefox.聽 In Firefox, it appears that the Y coordinate is ''off''. You can only use the button when you are approximately 200 pixels down the screen.聽 I've tested in Chrome, Safari and IE 7 with no problems.聽 Any ideas?聽 FYI..the only other info I've been able to find may point to wmode, which in this case I have to set it to transparant so the drop down boxes above the flash movie stays ''over'' the video.聽 Here is the link.

http://www.kucourses.com/ec/media/store/mediate/ED532/ED532_9/unithome_tutorial. html

Any ideas?

Firefox button rollover issues

chrisrubal,

聽聽聽聽 Interesting.聽 When I test that URL, the button seems just fine for me in Firefox.聽 The hotspot is positioned exactly where it makes sense (same for IE, Chrome, and Safari, all on Windows).聽 Does this issue persist for you when you clear your cache in Firefox?

%26gt; the only other info I've been able to find may point to wmode,

%26gt; which in this case I have to set it to transparant so the drop

%26gt; down boxes above the flash movie stays ''over'' the video

聽聽聽聽 A setting of ''transparent'' does allow Flash content to appear under other HTML elements, but you really only need ''transparent'' when the Flash content includes transparency.聽 WMODE is known to be a bit dicey (has been since its introduction), but anecdotal evidence suggests that ''opaque'' is a bit less problematic, and both of those -- transparent and opaque -- let your layer your SWFs behind CSS menus.

聽聽聽聽 Not sure if WMODE is the cause for your issue, but opaque is worth a shot.

聽聽聽聽 Here's a bit more info:

聽聽聽聽 http://www.quip.net/blog/2006/flash/how-to-position-flash-beneath-other-content

David Stiller
Co-author, Foundation Flash CS4 for Designers
http://tinyurl.com/dpsFoundationFlashCS4
''Luck is the residue of good design.''

Firefox button rollover issues

Well... that is strange.聽 I've had a few people test with Firefox (all windows) with the same negative result.聽 Strange you dont' find the same thing.聽 I will try opaque and report back what I find.聽 Thaks for the tips.


chrisrubal,

聽聽聽聽 Aha!聽 I do see it.聽 Sorry for my miscommunication.

聽聽聽聽 I had only checked the centered Play button in the video area.聽 On the left nav, I do indeed see exactly the y-axis issue you described, and only in Firefox.聽 So ... yeah, this is odd.聽 (Again, apologies for giving you the wrong impression in my previous reply.)

聽聽聽聽 My next questions, then, are:

聽聽聽聽 a) does this issue occur when you omit WMODE altogether (that is, leave it at its default, ''window'')?

聽聽聽聽 b) how did you set up these buttons in Flash (normal buttons, or anything special going on with the Button.trackAsMenu property)?

David Stiller
Adobe Community Expert
Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
''Luck is the residue of good design.''


Ok..just to make it more confusing. When I go to the direct link for the file, it works, perfectly in Firefox. You see.. the way it is published, the HTML, CSS, Javascript generated by Lectora is on one server, the video and flash files are on another. When I publish and view locally in Firefox...no problem. But once I move the HTML and associated files up to server, it creates this issue. So, I think we've boiled it down to an issue with the way Lectora is publishing it. I'm moving over to that forum. Thanks again for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment