Friday, March 26, 2010

Training course recommendations in UK?

Hi,

Firstly, I'm aware this probably isn't the best place to be posting about training course, but didn't rally think it fitted anywhere else.

My company have asked if I would like to go on a Web Development course. Obviously I said YES!

But now I am tasked with working out what would be the most useful things to learn and where?

I would class myself as a great graphic designer / beginner to better than average web designer. The type of things they would like my to be able to implement is online surveys, gather customer information, customer databases and so forth. Basically I would be implementing the marketing departments, well, marketing!

So I thought I should be looking at PHP %26amp; SQL? Maybe some XML? What would others say? Also I'm looking for a reliable company, any suggestions?

Ideally in the Bristol, Gloucestershire or Birmingham area, however London would be fine.

Training course recommendations in UK?

I'm the instructor for the Dreamweaver CS4 - Getting Started three-day course offered by Highlander (http://highlander.co.uk), an Adobe authorized training centre. I normally teach at Highlander's training centre in London, but also do training off base (in February, I taught a course in Leeds). The course I teach is described as ''designed for those with no previous experience of webpage / application development''. As a result, it starts from the basics, but gets into quite advanced territory by the end of the three days, particularly if participants already have a reasonable knowledge of web development (as many of them do).

Highlander also offers a PHP/MySQL course. Although I specialize in PHP/MySQL, the course is not taught by me. However, Highlander has discussed the possibility of me doing a more advanced Dreamweaver course that includes PHP/MySQL. Offering such a course would depend on sufficient people signing up for it. You might want to ask your company to inquire about arranging such a course, even though it's not currently listed on the training schedule (the person to contact is the Managing Director, Andy Gardiner).

In case you don't know who I am, I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor for Dreamweaver and the author of a series of books on Dreamweaver, PHP, and MySQL (http://foundationphp.com).

Of course, there are other training companies in the UK that others might be able to recommend.

Training course recommendations in UK?

So happy you managed to get through David, not sure if everyone is having the same problem with access to the forums as I am right now.聽 They have been playing up all day for me.

I started a post saying that David Powers was your man聽 :-)聽 but it didn't get through.


My previous employer used a company called Transmedia (Bristol and London based) to get staff up to speed in Dreamweaver CS4 mainly and other Adobe and Apple products. All my colleagues were very satisfied with the quality of training.

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment